DOUBLES LEAGUE INSTRUCTIONS & RULES
Saturday 30th July 2022 to Monday 2nd January 2023.
Halfway point: Sunday 16 October 2022.
- Starts Saturday 30th July 2022 to Monday 2nd January 2023.
- Halfway point: Sunday 16 October 2022.
- Each pair plays all other pairs in their division.
- Each pair is responsible for organising their own matches, agreeing dates with opponents, booking courts etc.
- Best of 3 tiebreak sets. If time is short and both pairs agree, a championship tiebreak (first to 10, 2 points ahead) can be played instead of a 3rd set.
- 2 points per set & only completed sets count so, if a match is unfinished, only the completed sets will score and, if possible, you have to arrange another time to finish the match.
- Winners to email the results to HTCdoublesleagues@gmail.com and the scores will be entered on this page, below. Please email the scores even if the match is unfinished.
- An extra point is awarded if three matches against pairs in your division are completed by the mid-way date and another point is awarded if you complete all matches in your division by the end date. Only completed matches count.
- It is possible to gain extra points by challenging pairs in the Division above to a match. Pairs in Division 1 can challenge pairs in Division 2. A point will be awarded to both the challengers and the challenged if a match goes ahead. The points won for sets will be 2 points per set for the pair in the lower division and 1 point per set for the pair in the higher division. If challenged, you do not have to accept.
- If a pair has to withdraw from the league, all points won in matches against that pair will be deducted. Points awarded for completing three matches by 16 October will not be affected.
- If there is a tie for top place at the end, set points are worth more than points earned for playing matches. If there is still a tie, the prize goes to the pair who won the match between the pairs concerned.
- If a player is injured during play and unable to continue the match then they will concede that match and the points from the uncompleted set/s go to the other pair.
- The winning pair in each division wins a £10 voucher per player to spend at Highbury’s Ink@84 bookshop.